+ Zoey has become a much better napper over the last month. She's even started to occasionally stretch one of her naps longer than the others--I'm hoping that's a sign that we'll have some success when it's time to move to two naps a day down the road. However, she is really fighting our SwaddleMe swaddle--she cries while being swaddled and doesn't stop until she's got her pacifier and is starting to drift off. She escapes the swaddle, too, and sometimes wakes up super early in the morning because both arms are waving around like it's party time. But if she has her hands out to start, it's a total disaster. It seems like it's just a lose-lose situation for the time being.
+ Nursing is still touch-and-go with her. Typically, she eats for somewhere around 4-7 minutes every 2.5-3 hours (but usually closer to the 3 hours). She sometimes still gets cranky about it and refuses to eat. She also has the habit of trying to look around while eating, which obviously doesn't work well. I tried using our nursing cover to get her to focus, but she HATES it--instant hysterical screaming. *sigh* I just keep keeping on, I suppose.
+ She still enjoys being carried in our Wildbird sling, which makes my heart happy. She's NOT a cuddly baby. She refuses to be cradled, is constantly trying to look around, and doesn't enjoy being wrapped up in a blanket or snuggled--EXCEPT in the sling. She still wants to look around (I'm not allowed to sit while wearing her or she starts to fuss), but she consents to be wrapped close and eventually falls asleep with her head on my chest. #MomWin
+ We took the girls (and my sister brought my nephew) to the zoo last month--Zoey's first trip to the zoo! I put her in the sling all day long, and she pretty much slept through the whole thing. E had a blast running around exploring. C even took the day off to come with us, so it was a great family date!
+ I also took the girls to story time at the library a couple of times with success, thanks to the magic of Wildbird. Basically, it's the only reason I'm any measure of confident taking both of them out in public by myself.
+ She is starting to attempt to roll over from her back to her belly. I find this stage of babyhood hilarious, because you set the baby down in one place and then twenty minutes later she's scooted herself around in a circle trying to turn over. Then she's mad because not only can she NOT roll over, she's moved herself away from all her toys. So I move her back and we start the process all over again.
+ She enjoys watching/listening to the vacuum. Absolutely fascinated. Babies are weird.
+ Have you heard "The Happy Song" by Imogen Heap? Supposedly it's scientifically designed to make babies happy. I don't know if it's universal, but Zoey sure seems to like it. And even though it's a song made for babies, it's less mind-numbing than most. In fact--dare I say it--I kindof like it.




No comments :
Post a Comment