+ Stats (my own DIY-at-home measurements)
Weight: 12.8 pounds
Length: 24 inches
Head: 16 inches
+ We're getting into a nice eat-play-nap routine during the day. The nap portion is often way too short, though--and she wakes up angry, so there's no chance of getting her to go back to sleep. Tips, anyone? I'm considering trying out a Love To Dream Swaddle Up to see if having her hands more accessible helps--but that's a lot of money for one swaddle blanket. We currently use a SwaddleMe, but that keeps her arms strapped to her sides, and I wonder if that's what is ticking her off. Does anyone have experience with the LTD? Other recommendations?
+ She sleeps. through. the. night. Praise Jesus.
+ A couple weeks ago, we went through a phase where it was incredibly difficult to get her to nurse. She would scream bloody murder every time I so much as laid her in the cradle position--forget trying to get her to latch. She'd be perfectly content in C's arms, but he'd hand her to me and all hell broke loose. I theorized that it was due to an overactive letdown, but nothing I tried seemed to help. I called Milkworks and the doctor, and they were both WAY less than helpful. Z wasn't eating, I was losing my mind, and poor C had to watch us inch closer and closer to a breakdown. Then one day, it got better. Nothing changed, but things started to improve. We're going on a little over a week now of a much easier situation, but every time Z squirms or squawks while eating I tense up and start to panic that she's backsliding. Would you mind offering up a prayer or two for us? Many, many thanks.
+ She likes to watch the ceiling fan spin. Which means we have the fan on in even though the temperature outside is a negative number. Whatever it takes.
+ We still love our Wildbird sling(s). Yes, multiple, because I am obsessed and it's the best way to 1) get things done and calm her down when she's fussy or just wants to be held and 2) get her to sleep when she's fighting a nap. Once upon a time I thought baby carriers were dumb--why would I want the baby attached to me nonstop? Two newborns later, I know better and will recommend a sling to everyone I know from now to forever.
+ She slept through Christmas morning, so E opened all her presents for her. In fact, she did that at each of our FIVE Christmases. Yea, five. Totally wiped by the end of all that. At the last one, E started to whine every time I handed her another gift to unwrap. Yikes. Needless to say, a lot of things have been put away for the time being so we can all decompress from stuff overload. Z didn't have that issue, obviously, but the extra gifts for a new family member contributed a bit. Next year I'll have to get creative and find more experience gifts so we can curb the tidal wave.
That's not to say that the gifts the girls received this year were in any way not awesome. Z got silicone plates and bibs that I'm so grateful for I could cry (no more plates dumped on the floor or mold growing in the pouch of cheap plastic bibs!). And while E's gifts were plentiful, they were good stuff. So we have much to be thankful for.
+ She's rocked it in public places lately. Church and a baptism, Target trips, a crazy long afternoon in the phone store (are they ever NOT ridiculously long?), family holiday gatherings... she's been awesome at all of it. Knock on wood, I haven't been stuck in a public place with an angry, screaming baby. Thank you, Jesus.
In general, Z's a good baby. She seems to be a little more particular about things than E was--she hates wet diapers and needs to be held more--but that's manageable. She's also MSPI, but we've been there before. (And now that the holidays are over, it's slightly less depressing.) The biggest thing I'm grateful for is how well she sleeps at night. It takes a while some nights to get her settled, but when she's truly out, she's out for the long haul. I know there are possible sleep regressions in our future, but I'll take what I can get when I can get it!
Happy two months, Z!


Yay for sleep! Did her doctor say anything about that? B's doctor didn't want her sleeping through the night even at 4 months and I was like...on the off chance she starts sleeping more than 3 hours at a time, there is no way in the world I'm going to start waking her up...
ReplyDeleteI didn't specifically mention it, but I'm fairly certain he wouldn't care. When E started doing it at 5 or 6 weeks, he told me to just enjoy it. And Z's in the 85th percentile for weight as of Wed, so I don't think it's hurting her growth in the least.
DeleteAnd yes I agree--let her sleep! #teamsleep
DeleteWow. I would personally be super proud of her being 85th percentile for weight even with the MSPI stuff. Good for you!
Delete