10.08.2017
Lately 10/8/17
+ I gave myself my first black eye the other night. I had to get up and use the bathroom in the middle of the night (#pregnantproblems), and I guess I wasn't awake enough to be fully aware of what I was doing. I ran face-first into a shelf that hangs on the wall next to the bathroom door, and by the next morning there was a big ol' bruise. I've never had a black eye before, so I kindof wish it was a better story. But still... it takes talent to do that to yourself, right?
+ After two years (? I think ?), we finally gave in to our dislike of our cat and sent her off to live with my mother. E was a little upset, but it's kindof (completely and totally) a relief to have the cat out of the house. No one ever played with her, and all C and I ever did was complain about her and be annoyed with her. Plus, she still had her back claws, and she absolutely destroyed the wood on the bottom of our banister. She also liked to claw her way up the back of the leather couch downstairs--the couch is used and old and already very scratched up, but it certainly didn't need her making it worse. So now we are living in a cat-free zone, though I'm still vacuuming up her hair. Yuck.
+ I'm starting to feel a little stressed out by the fact that I haven't packed a single thing in a hospital bag yet. I have myself convinced that because E was super late, this baby will be, too. Of course, that's not necessarily true, and I should probably put some stuff in a bag just in case.
+ I've made such great progress on the dollhouse! All the rooms are wallpapered and I glued the floors in this weekend. The next step is to glue the walls in and fix the roof (I *may* have broken off a few pieces somewhere along the way), then we're down to minor details. Someday I'll take pictures and share them, promise.
+ E's favorite book of the moment is The Gruffalo. She has C read it as her bedtime story every. single. night. And she's constantly running around yelling "I am the Gruffalo!" with this horrible angry expression on her face. It's hilarious.
+ We finally made the ask for baby's godparents and even set a baptism date with Father at the church. E wasn't baptised until two months after she was born (oops), so I'm feeling pretty good about being on top of it this time around. I even ordered her baptism gift already! (We gave E a medal of St. Bernadette, where she gets her middle name. Baby has her own saint medal for her middle name, too.)
What's up with you lately?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)

No comments :
Post a Comment