MENU

7.29.2014

Dear C

Dear C,

You are my hero.


Maybe that seems overly dramatic, but it’s the truth. Having you by my side as we both attempt to get to know and adjust to our daughter has been the biggest blessing imaginable. You’re the patient, selfless one. You’re the one who will stand or walk for hours in the middle of the night while Little Rabbit cries in your ear. You’re the one who lets the garden you worked so hard to plant and cultivate this spring slide into disrepair because LR and I need you. You’re the one who changes every single diaper when you’re home. You’re the one who sits next to me while I indulge in a self-pitying cryfest and doesn’t try to tell me to suck it up. You’re the one who watches LR so I can take a nap. You’re the one who wakes up with me for every middle-of-the-night feeding and the one who stays awake with me until LR and I are totally finished. You’re understanding. You’re helpful. You’re patient. You’re selfless. You’re a dad.

I know you’re unsure of yourself right now. I am, too. But I want you to know that I think you’re a wonderful dad. Little Rabbit is so lucky to have you. You’re going to be her hero, too. Her first love. Her strong rock. Her teacher. She’s going to look up to you and love on you like nobody’s business. There’s no luckier kid out there.

Thank you for being in our lives. Thank you for working so hard every day to be the best man you can be. And thank you for choosing me to be the one you love—your partner and best friend. I say LR is lucky, but she’s not the only one. I am blessed beyond understanding because I have you. Thank you for rising to every occasion, for constantly giving, and for simply being there. You’re the reason I’m still sane. You’re my hero.

I love you.

Kenzie

No comments :

Post a Comment